Wednesday, February 26, 2003

John Doe
Actually there was no John Doe but my friend loaned me
his copy of last week’s episode so it was like a new
episode. I’m not sure what Fox’s problem is. It’s
that the perfect way to kill any following for a new
show is to not show it on a regular basis and that
seems to be what they are doing with John Doe.
Putting on Nutty Professor II instead. Did anyone
even watch that movie? Ever? Anyway, it was a
heartbreaking episode. John Doe has four friends, two
cops, the bartender, and Karen Kowalski. A couple of
weeks ago the lady cop was kidnapped so I guess it was
Karen’s turn. And since she is the most likable
character on the show, it was apparently her turn to
die. Horrible horrible horrible. Luckily, I watched
it alone so I could sniffle in peace. It’s a good
show, but a poor plot device to kill someone off so
soon after a show starts, especially once you’ve made
him or her likable. Usually only Buffy and Angel do
that on a regular basis and least those shows creators
admit that no one ever gets to be happy on their show.

No comments: